I think it's official... that my guests will always be served with a little bit of strawberry shortcake from babycakes recipe!
My friend thought I was using her as an excuse to make more vanilla frosting but I really wanted to share this yumminess with her.
So here is a quick recipe for the strawberry shortcake! mmmm.....
3 cups white spelt flour
1/2 evaporated cane juice (looks like sugar. I get mine from Trader Joe's)
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons coconut oil (make sure to melt the oil before measuring!)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup hot water
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350F°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Mix the flour, evaporated cane sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add the oil, vanilla and hot water and combine it until a slightly moist dough is formed.
3. Dust the counter with flour. Roll the dough through the flour until it is coated on all sides. Gently pat the dough into a 1" thick rectangle and cut out 8 shortcakes with 3" round cookie cutter.
4. Place the shortcakes about 1" apart on baking sheet.
5. Bake the shortcakes on the center rack for 16 minutes (rotating the sheets 180 degree after 9 minutes)
6. Let the shortcakes cool on the sheet until they are completely cool. Cut them in half horizontally and spread the side with 1 tablespoon vanilla frosting.
7. Top it with strawberry and enjoy the yummy strawberry shortcake:)